Mi año en España

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Portbou and monkeys

I went to Portbou on Saturday. I was trying to get to France but had problems with the train system and didn´t make it there. Oh well. Anyhow, the picture on the left is of most of the village of Portbou. It is a very small port city close to the border of France. There was unfortunately not much there. The cathedral was closed (not just for the day it seems) and I think the entire village went to France for the weekend. Can´t blame them, right? I would.
The journey there was interesting. About halfway through my trip an entire boy/girlscout troop got in my train car. I didn´t think they would be that loud. Imagine 30 10 year old monkey-children literally swinging on the luggage racks! Yikes! And their group leaders (3 16 year old kids) had guitars and tin whistles! Fortunately they got out in Girona-a beautiful quiet little village- only to do who knows what. They didn´t seem to be anything there for kids. Who knows. Maybe they were all from Girona. I enjoyed the view of the Pyrenees from the train. I hope to see them up closer soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home