Mi año en España

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Eat lots of turkey with cranberry sauce. I doubt I will find cranberries here and I certainly wouldn´t eat that canned stuff if I found it.
It is still beautiful in Spain. I think it has rained maybe 8 times out of the 2 months I´ve been here. It is a bit colder but not much.
I have not really been up to much new. I practice a lot and study spanish. I can almost roll my Rs now! Hooray! I am learning how to cook. If anyone wants to have a dinner party when I return let me know.( I´ll be in NY January 5th- Feb. 3 and Dec. 19-20 but those two days don´t count since I will be asleep most of the time) I made a delicious apple bread pudding the other day. Lots of butter.
If all else fails I can be a housekeeper when I return. I cook, iron, and clean a lot. I do look forward to having a dryer when I return. I have to really time laundry day right or I have no underwear for the day if I´m not careful (we have to line dry everything and it takes all day).
Once again happy thanksgiving and miss you all! I am off to study.

2 Comments:

  • Happy thankgiving! I hope you can find some foods there that will at least remind you of a Thanksgiving dinner. I made > 1 gallon of cranberry sauce, so I'm psyched.

    I noticed that you posted the dates that you will be in NYC. Will you be going to Lake Charles as well? It would be great to see you; the weather here has been amazing - not a cloud in the sky for 10 days.

    Talk to you later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM  

  • Hola Puffy,

    T-day was wet and cold in NYC. Wonder what folks do in Barcelona?

    I still have the leftovers in my refrigerator, including a pumpkin pie and some tamales with husk. Figure that'll hold me until next paycheck...

    ZZLY

    P.S speaking of cooking... is Paella on the menu?

    By Blogger Gingerela, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home