Mi año en España

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

being thankful

Yes, I am still a bit stuck on Thanksgiving...trust me, if you live out of the country you will understand thanksgiving. I have had so much time to think about what I am thankful for. Some of the things I am thankful for are definitely because I don´t have or can´t find them here...

To answer the question of anonymous, I will be in LC from Dec. 21 until January 5. Who is anonymous? I meant to post those dates too but forgot.

So, here are a few things I am thankful for (not exactly in the correct order but I am too lazy to change it.):

1. family of friends scattered around the world
2. natural peanut butter and other natural products (hard to find here)
3. the toilets in the US (the ones here are a bit strange)
4. chocolate
5. chocolate croissants
6. the little green parrots in Parc de la Citudella
7. comments posted by you guys on blogger (fun for me to read)
8. calabaza (squash) very yummy- especially orange squash
9. It never rains here so I can ride my bike everywhere.
10. dryers
11. actually having a washing machine in my apartment
12. loquo.com (helping me find language buddies)
13. the fact that I finally realized that since I like to eat I should learn how to cook
14. I have time to think (sometimes too much...)
15. email..how else would we all remain in touch?
16. paella and olive oil
17. the fact that Mr. Clean has cousin in Spain and in the UK (Don Limpio and Mr. Sheen). I find this endlessly funny. I will try to post a pic of Don Limpio soon for all of you cleaning fanatics

Okay, well you get the idea. See all of you in Louisiana in about 3 weeks. New Yorkers- probably not until January since my stopover in NYC is so short.

2 Comments:

  • hey, wonderful! i'll be home in LC December 23rd - 30th. i'll make sure i get to see you.

    you sound like you're having a great time! best of luck with your studies, and i'll see you soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

  • Just want to chime in with the topice of being thankful, I'm thankful for the windy rainy cold wet Dias de Gracias, the fact that I was constantly sick since I moved in the city, the Pumpkin pie from Balthazar, and dinner with a new friend and his friend's family... Go (Dallas) Cowboys!!!

    By Blogger Gingerela, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home